The Library is a public service institution, and every effort is made to maintain regular hours for the public. The Library will be closed only when weather conditions deteriorate to the point where travelling is hazardous, when vital equipment in the building fails or when there is a general emergency in the town of Union City. The decision to close the Library will be based upon:
1. General conditions of roads.
2. Condition of the Library’s walkways.
3. Availability of staff to open and operate the Library. Minimal staffing levels are defined as three staff members in the building at all times.
4. Condition of the building’s equipment.
5. Requests for closure by local or state agencies.